“The Global Competition for the Latest and Greatest Mobile Apps”
appAttack provides a global stage for developers to showcase their latest and greatest mobile apps. We are calling all app developers around the world who have created fresh, innovative apps and would like to get more exposure to the rest of the global market. This year, we are extremely interested in bringing in all kinds of mobile, tablets, PC, TV, vehicle, wearable and other connected device apps.
appAttack will act like the offline, cross-platform app store where potential clients, fans, distributors, VCs, and media can discover some of the coolest apps.
appAttack provides the unique chance for participating developers to CONNECT, LEARN and PROMOTE
- Connect with VCs, Experts, seasoned entrepreneurs and developers, and other peers
- Learn from mentors at our PitchCamp and highly relevant conference sessions
- Promote your app on stage, in our online voting page, at your demo exhibition booth and possibly through massive media exposure
Congratulations to Locket for being the appAttack Winner 2013!
Grand Prizes include
|Kindle Fire HDX 8.9” model Sponsored by Amazon|
|Nokia 1020 Sponsored by Microsoft|
|Lenovo Helix (Windows 8) Sponsored by Intel|
|Samsung Galaxy S III Sponsored by T-mobile|
Congratulations to Friend Trusted for being the appAttack Runner-Up
|LG G2 Sponsored by T-mobile|
|Asus Memo Pad 10 (Android) Sponsored by by Intel
$10k of Marketing Credits Sponsored by appsfire
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
Here are the appAttack Finalists!
appAttack TOP 10
Friend Trusted – USA
SlideIdea – China
SurDoc - USA
Sekur Me – USA
Wiifme – USA
Penxy – USA
WardenCam – USA
Locket – USA
ProxToMe – USA
Bites & Chews – USA
appAttack Top 20 (In addition to Top 10)
DocBasket – USA TAWKABLE™ Chinese -China
Shoto – USA tagMap – USA
BuyNow™ App – USA Powerslyde – USA
Everypost – USA Flashiz – Other
Smartsy – USA Beens – USA
Glowpanda Shopping SlideIdea Join The Heard Commune LetsLunch
Beens Friend Trusted MailRecipe Flickflyer Smartsy
MoodMe Shoto Flashiz Everypost powerslyde DocBasket
Sales Kit SurDoc BuyNow™ App Ninja SMS DocWallet
Wiifme.com Penxy WardenCam Sekur Me TAWKABLE™ Chinese
tagMap Locket Hop.in ProxToMe Bites & Chews LovePowerup
- Demo on stage in competition semi-finals
- Training at PitchCamp - Pitch Training & Mentorship
- Eligible for a chance to win GMIC Grand Award
- Opportunity to meet with leading VCs
- Top 2 to final present in front of 1,500+ attendees at the Thought Leaders Stage
- Includes all benefits as listed for Top 20
- A complimentary Demo Booth at GMIC SV
- Product Logo list on appAttack webpage
- Optional for PitchCamp
- Includes all benefits as listed for finalists
- Product Name list on appAttack webpage
- Eligible for a chance to win Sponsored Special Awards
- Discount price as a Competition Alumni for future GMIC Events in Beijing & Silicon Valley
- Includes all benefits as listed for all qualified applicants
All qualified applicants
- 1 Complimentary
Expo PassGOLD PASS
- People’s Choice Award: The team receiving the most “Like”s* in the online voting competition wins a Free Trip to GMIC
- appsfire Marketing Credits: Top 1 wins $10,000 appsfire credits, Top 2 & 3 wins $5,000 appsfire credits
- Microsoft: Top 2 wins a Nokia 1020
If you are interested in becoming a prize sponsor, please contact email@example.com.
* Tell me more about the voting with “Like”sWithin seven days after applying for appAttack, we will send you an email with a link to your logo placed in the “Competition Voting Site”. Promote your submission on social media to maximize your “likes” or votes. The number of votes you accumulate strongly influences making the cut for the finalists. If that’s not enough incentive to accumulate massive ‘Likes’, we are giving away a free trip to GMIC ($2,000 value) to the app with the most Likes.
Doug Renert, Co-Founding Partner, Tandem Capital
Doug Renert is a co-founding partner of Tandem Capital, Silicon Valley’s first and largest mobile accelerator fund, currently at $32M. Tandem backs 12 early stage mobile startups each year with its brand of “muscle capital,” a powerful combination of funding and hands-on support. Some of Tandem’s biggest successes include PlayHaven and Bash Gaming, formerly known as BitRhymes.
Jeff Richards, Partner, GGV Capital
Jeff Richards joined GGV Capital as a partner in 2008 after spending 13 years as an entrepreneur and executive in the US and Asia. He currently sits on the boards of Appirio, BlueKai, Citrus Lane, Evolv OnDemand, and Percolate. Jeff led GGV’s investments in Buddy Media (acquired by Salesforce.com) and Spreecast, and is actively involved in 21ViaNet (VNET), hiSoft (HSFT), Qunar, SocialTouch, Square, and MediaV.
Ouriel Ohayon, Co-founder and CEO, appsfire
Ouriel Ohayon is a Co-founder of Appsfire.com, a popular award winner mobile app discovery and promotion service, as well as http://isai.fr (early stage fund). Formerly general manager of LightSpeed Gemini Internet Lab, an israeli VC investing in early stage Internet startups. Ouriel is an investor in eBuzzing, Outbrain, Eyeview and Ginger Software and founded the french version of TechCrunch.
Jonathan Kay, Founder, apptopia
Jonathan leads the daily operations and strategic direction at Apptopia. He is the point person for anyone trying to sell their app, buy an app, or become a revitalization partner. Jonathan is extremely passionate about branding and story telling. As someone who believes deeply in the importance of customer engagement, he is constantly striving to find scalable intimacy.
Erik is a Co-founder of N3TWORK, where he focuses on partnerships and platform strategy. Before Co-founding N3TWORK, Erik built Apple’s consumer market for third-party apps. His team focused on helping partners develop, deliver and market the highest quality products on both iOS and Mac. During his tenure at Apple, he is credited with establishing relationships with companies such as: Electronic Arts, Airbnb, Time Warner, Conde Nast, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Instagram, FiftyThree, Nike, Twitter, Path, Netflix, HBO, PopCap, Jawbone, MLB Advanced Media and Zynga.
Yev has been involved in mobile projects since 2007, consulting blue chip clients and household brands on the Mobile strategy and ensured successful execution of various mobile projects – responsive and adaptive sites, native and hybrid apps, mobile frameworks and platforms. Now Yev is the Head of Mobile Competency Center at EPAM Systems, the largest Software Consulting firm with delivery offices Eastern and Central Europe.
Larry was named to the 2012 Billboard Power 100 in music and the Twitter 140 to follow. He was a founding investor in Pandora (NYSE: P) in early 2004 and was a Director from 2004 through its IPO. Larry is a Director at SoundHound, BandPage, Aarki, Boombotix and a Board Observer at PowerCloud Systems. He also led Walden’s investment in Terayon (acquired by Motorola) and Telekenex. Other investments include LyricFind, Jukely, LessThan3 and Swarm.fm. He is a member of the Advisory Council for Industry Ventures and serves on the non-profit Board of the JazzSchool.
As General Manager of Microsoft’s developer & platform evangelism efforts based in Silicon Valley, Matt has the first hand opportunity to both observe and work with a number of Silicon Valley’s most interesting technology startups. He spends much of his time working with this influential community of entrepreneurs and technologists as they leverage cloud technologies to build out new applications, platforms, and tools. In addition, Matt’s team works with Microsoft customers & partners as they implement solutions on top of the breadth of the Microsoft platform offerings (including public and private cloud platforms, phone, and Windows 8).
Final Panel Judge
Jeremy Wacksman, VP, Zillow
Jeremy Wacksman is the Vice President of Consumer Marketing & Mobile at Zillow. In this role, Jeremy leads marketing and communications for the company, and oversees product strategy for Zillow Mobile. Prior to joining Zillow, Jeremy drove marketing and product management for Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE and consumer mobile efforts, where he grew digital distribution for Xbox, and led product strategy for a mobile incubation group.
Chris Williams is the Vice President of Products & Strategy at PlayFirst and has spent more than 13 years dedicated to the interactive entertainment industry. Previously, Williams was with LucasArts Entertainment, where he rose through the ranks to become a member of exec staff and lead the development teams on several highly successful Star Wars and Indiana Jones games across a variety of platforms.
Simon is responsible for Flurry’s day-to-day operations. He has been an entrepreneurial executive for over 20 years, having built numerous consumer, media and enterprise solutions that have generated over $800 million in M&A and IPO transactions. Prior to Flurry, Simon held senior executive positions at JustOn, Novell, Vernier, Volera and Worldtalk. Simon earned an undergraduate engineering degree from the American University of Beirut and a Master of Engineering from Syracuse University.
Glenn Kiladis, VP & General Manager FreeMyApps, Fiksu
Glenn leads FreeMyApps, Fiksu’s proprietary app discovery & engagement ad network where users get rewarded for discovering, downloading and exploring great free and paid apps. Prior to Fiksu, Glenn was VP Marketing & Mobile Ad Monetization for HeyWire, a SMS and social networking platform with over 2.7 million registered users. Previously he was the VP Marketing & Game Developer Relations for Zeemote, a mobile gaming company, acquired by GAIA Holdings. There he worked with the likes of Nokia, EA Mobile, Glu, Gameloft, iPlay, T-Mobile, Vodafone and others. He also held leadership positions at Digit Wireless and Logica.
Yong Liu, Director, Open Innovation and Partnerships, Baidu
Dr. Yong Liu is a researcher, entrepreneur, business writer and venture capitalist. He is now leading Baidu’s open innovation and partnership effort in the US. Before joining Baidu, Dr. Liu set up Lenovo Technology Seed Fund in 2012 and Lenovo Silicon Valley office for M&A/strategic alliance in 2011. In his earlier career, Dr. Liu served Samsung Electronics, co-founded Dict.cn, and acted as an active business writer. Dr. Liu obtained his B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science from Nanjing University, and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Indiana University Bloomington. His research areas include pervasive computing and diffusion of innovations.
Dr. Ossama Hassanein, Chairman of Board, TechWadi
Dr. Ossama Hassanein is an entrepreneur, mentor, and venture capitalist. Over the last 30 years, he has managed $1 billion of international technology funds in diverse leadership roles including Chairman of Technocom Ventures in Paris, President of Newbridge Networks Holding in Ottawa, and Chairman of the Rising Tide Fund in Silicon Valley. He was chairman or cofounder of seven leading-edge digital communication startups in the US, UK, Switzerland and France. He currently serves on the board of Bank of the West in San Francisco, is chairman of TechWadi, and charter member of the C-100, both Silicon-Valley based associations dedicated to mentoring and financing Arab and Canadian entrepreneurs, respectively.
Previously, Neha spent 15 years in product marketing for enterprise software, cloud computing and online experiences for companies like Sun Microsystems and VMware. She also founded KurbKarma, a TechCrunch Disrupt 2012 Startup Battlefield Finalist, a mobile app which makes parking in cities like San Francisco possible. A technology and travel enthusiast, and a certified sommelier, Neha holds an MBA from Santa Clara University and a B.A. in French and Mass Communications from the University of Denver.
Tuyen leads publisher acquisition and strategy development for the global mobile publisher market. She is especially passionate about developing the app ecosystem and helping content creators grow in the digital world. She also has 8 years of online advertising experience, working with Fortune 500 Tech B2B companies. Mostly, she is chasing waves and dreaming of her next meal
appAttack Judges @ GMIC SV 2012
- Alejandro Campos Carles, CEO, StartMeApp
- Li Feng, Partner, IDG Capital
- Tuyen Nguyen, Developer Relations, Admob
- Rajiv Taori, CEO, Mobileops
- Matt Thompson, General Manager, Microsoft
- Nick Adams, Director of International BD, Cloud Valley
- Taylor Cox, Portfolio Manager, ZhenFund
- Tim Crawford, Vice President, Pacific Crest
- Manu Das, President and Founder, Soffront
- Sheldon Ivan, Director of Customer Marketing, Nokia
- Joe Jasin, VP, DNA partners
- Boyd Jones, Venture Partner, Co-Power Ventures
- David Lam, Managing Director, West Summit Cap
- Christine Lu, CEO, Affinity China
- Justin Mauldin, Director of Marketing, Papaya Mobile
- Ajay Mishra, Co-Founder, MobileIron
- Jose Montes, CEO, Aplaz
- Eva Diaz Santana, COO, InvasiveCode Inc.
- Daniel Shi, Consultant, Nokia Growth Partners
- Hugo Troche, CEO and Co-Founder, Appsperse
appAttack Top 5
appAttack Top 20
9/1 Application Deadline 9/16 Extended Deadline 9/22 Voting Ends 9/23 Announcement of Finalists
- 10/21 PitchCamp at GMIC for Top 10
- 10/22 Top 10 Demo at appSpace stage & Top 20 at Demo Booth
- 10/23 Final 2 pitch at Thought Leader Stage
- Potential and desire to go become a global success
- Mobile app is on an official app store by October 2013
- Less than 2 years old
We especially have our eye out for
- Apps using the power of mobile to change the world
- Apps that want to launch at GMIC SV
How to Join appAttack
- Fill out the Application Form
- Within seven days, we send you the link to your posted submission on Facebook. Promote your submission on social media to maximize your “likes” or votes
- By September 23, we’ll let you know if you made the appAttack Top 50, 20 or 10
Eligibility Rules:Apply is FREE. Applications must provide at least one of the documents to be considered: 1. Product Download URL 2. PowerPoint or other print materials 3. Video. Company with major announcement will be highly preferred. Companies from all over the world are encouraged to apply. Community online voting may be used to determine competition finalists. GMIC reserves the right when review all applications. All finalists must be present at GMIC SV 2013 to redeem their prizes.