INTRODUCING: MOBILE EDUCATION TRACK AT THE GMIC
October 22, 2013 – Moscone Center – San Francisco, CA | 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM | Stage E
WHAT ARE WE COVERING? The mEducation track is about Global, Mobile, and Learn! The track will feature keynotes, fireside chats, panels, and pitch demos from leading entrepreneurs, developers, educators, user customers, startups, executives, and global impact visionaries that are developing effective, innovative, and game-changing mobile applications to empower teaching and learning experience to be anytime, anywhere, and for anyone!
- Leading entrepreneurs, startups, executives, investors, global impact visionaries, app software developers, content publishers, educators, digital learn technologists, CIOs/CTOs, user customers, district/schools, administrators, and consultants who want to hear about the latest issues and developments in Mobile Education
- General conference attendees who want to expand their understanding of Mobile Education
Code- the new Literacy!
mEDUCATION: GLOBAL. MOBILE. LEARN.
Morning, Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:00am -12:30pm
- Opening Presentation
- Keynote / Fireside Chat
- The Global mEducation Industry: From Nothing to Billions of Dollars!
- Personalizing mEducation: Big Data, Games, Apps, Videos, eBook, eTextbooks, and Devices
- Lessons Learned on How Mobile Technologies are Changing Global Education
- Incubating and Accelerating m-Education
As with any conference, speakers are human beings and subject to illness or unforeseen circumstances that may cause changes in the line-up.
- Aboyeji, Iyinoluwa – CEO, Fora. Providing online accredited courses for universities in Africa. Consultant to United Nations on education and youth issues. ThisDayLive – Top 20 Nigerians under 20.
- Alpert, Gregg - Developer Relations & Startup Liaison, Future Technologies, Pearson PLC
- Bhargava, Mohit - President, LearningMate Solutions and GoClass, Next Generation Learning Platform for Classroom Mobile devices
- Cao, David - Founder & CEO, Great Wall China (GWC) US, Producer at GMIC SV
- Chaudhry, Muhammed - President and CEO, Silicon Valley Education Foundation
- Gopman, Gregory - Founder/CEO of AngelHack - the worlds largest hackathon competition and the HACKcelerator program for the world’s best hackers
- Henrique, Eduardo - Head of US and Co-Founder at Movile – largest mobile platform in Latin America with 20 million active users
- Hines, Jaymes - Founder, Startup Edutech Mobile, connecting seed and early-stage funders to vetted global communities of scalable student-led startups seeking to disrupt the K-12 and higher education spaces. Education for Everyone Everywhere. Co-chair of inaugural mEducation @GMIC SV 2013.
- Irving, Larry - Newsweek Magazine, 50 most influential persons in the ‘Year of the Internet , Co-founder, The Mobile Alliance for Global Good. Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information in the Clinton Administration.
- Melton, Robbie K., PhD - Associate Vice Chancellor, eLearning and Emerging Mobilization Technology Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Ng , Andrew - TIME 100 Most Influential, Co-founder of Coursera, and the Director of the Stanford AI Lab. Ng’s goal is to connect everyone in the world to a great education, for free.
- Novak, Michael - Co-Founder and CEO – Tertia, delivers educational content to the 2 billion non-native speakers of English worldwide. Former chairman of Cogswell Polytechnic College, Silicon Valley’s leading digital media college.
- Smith, David Mario - Aragon Research, providing research products at the intersection of technology and business
- Sorensen, Karen A. – Founder & CEO, 21st Century Education, Inc. Provider of Common Core aligned mobile learning products for classrooms and teachers. Co-chair of inaugural mEducation @GMIC SV 2013.
- Zhang, Eugene - Founder & President, InnoSpring. Silicon Valley’s first US-China technology startup incubator. Focused on nurturing startups for cross-border successes in both US and China, it provides a nurturing startup ecosystem with a wide variety of services and support for startups, including: funding, mentoring, workshops, in-house resources, access to venture capitalists and angel investors, physical space, and referrals to professional services.Read more: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/innospring#ixzz2iOMWDqbz
Follow us: @crunchbase on Twitter | crunchbase on FacebookRead more: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/innospring#ixzz2iOHxbAjP
Follow us: @crunchbase on Twitter | crunchbase on Facebook
10:00am - Opening Remarks
- David Cao, Founder & CEO, GWC US
10:05am – Keynote & Fireside Chat, Going Big with Mobile Apps
- Andrew Ng, Co-founder, Coursera
10:25am - The Global mEducation Industry: From Nothing to Billions of Dollars!
- David Mario Smith, Research Director, Aragon Research
- Eduardo Henrique, Co-Founder and Head of U.S. Operations, Movile
- Moderator: Dr. Robbie K. Melton, Associate Vice Chancellor of eLearning and Emerging Mobilization Technology Tennessee Board of Regents
10:45am - Personalizing mEducation: Filling the Needs Gap in the US and Beyond
- Muhammed Chaudhry, President and CEO, Silicon Valley Education Foundation
- Dr. Robbie K. Melton, Associate Vice Chancellor, eLearning and Emerging Mobilization Technology Tennessee Board of Regents
- Gregory Gopman, Founder/CEO, AngelHack
- Moderator: Karen A. Sorensen, Founder/CEO, 21st Century Education, Inc.
11:15am - Lessons Learned: How Mobile Technologies are Changing Global Education
- Michael Novak, Co-Founder and CEO, Tertia Inc.
- Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, CEO, Fora
- Mohit Bhargava, President, LearningMate Solutions
- Moderator: Larry Irving, Co-Founder, The Mobile Alliance for Global Good
11:45am - Incubating and Accelerating m-Education
- Eugene Zhang, CEO, InnoSpring (US-China Startup Incubator)
- Gregg Alpert, Developer Relations, Pearson Catalyst
- Gregory Gopman, Founder/CEO, AngelHack
- Larry Irving, Co-Founder, The Mobile Alliance for Global Good
- Moderator: Jaymes Hines, Founder, Startup Edutech Mobile
Edutech Demo Segment:
- Chet Jain, Founder, FundEdu
- Julienne Lam, Cofounder/COO, and Sam Purtill, Cofounder/CEO,ClassOwl
- Sarah Yang, Co-Founder/CEO, TAWKABLE™ Chinese
- Ko Wong-Horiuchi, Founder, Upbeet Games
- Education and Hackathon Showcase
“The quest continues among venture capitalists to find the next Facebook, the next Google, the next eBay—and the Silicon Valley hype machine is suggesting that it might be Coursera, the “leader of the pack” among companies trying to make money with massive open online courses, or MOOCs.” Speaking at GMIC, Mobile Education track.
America21 | The Hacker League | Black Girls Code | Silicon Valley Education Foundation
The Mobile Education Track is co-produced by Karen A. Sorensen of 21st Century Education and Jaymes A. Hines of Startup Edutech Mobile